Below you’ll find updates regarding COVID-19 relating to EastRidge Church.
July 21, 2020
March 25, 2020
At EastRidge, it is our desire to care for our congregation, in every aspect including the physical well-being of our community, in light of the coronavirus (COVID-19).
The uncertainty of this outbreak is affecting our workplaces, schools, and day-to-day activities. Yet, we remain certain of God’s steadfast presence and careful attention to all that is happening. Please join us in praying for those who are affected by this illness, as well as their caregivers and those who are working around the clock to minimize the impact of this virus.
In Psalm 91, we are reminded that “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in Him I will trust.” Therefore, let us not fear, but with confidence use this opportunity to be the hands and feet of Jesus through our prayers and our care for others. In that spirit, we are choosing to move forward in trust that God will take care of this situation and continue to provide us wisdom to be proactive.
With that said, for now, our Sunday services will be cancelled in March. We will send out updates in early April as we continue to monitor the situation closely.
Our reasons for doing so:
- The number of vulnerable people in our community that we want to keep safe
- The close proximity of people in our gatherings
- An important preventative step in containing potential spread of the virus
Cancelling of our weekly programs and upcoming events (until further notice):
- Children and Youth Programs, in light of the decision by the Ontario Government for our public schools
- Tuesday evening KidsConnect
- Thursday evening Kids Sports Club
- Youth Programs
- Events/Programs cancelled:
- Chili Cook Off
- Hymn Sing and Potluck
- Lunch & Learn
- Adult Sports/Fitness Programs (Co-Ed Badminton; Men’s Soccer; Essentrics)
- Bible Studies and Small Groups
For those that wish to continue to submit their tithes you can use the following methods:
- online at Canada Helps (https://www.canadahelps.org/en/dn/23806) or
- e-transfer to email@example.com (please note TITHES in the message area of your transfer)
- please contact the office if you would like to set up a Pre-authorized Debit (PAD) firstname.lastname@example.org
To keep connected we are working on new ways to post pre-recorded sermons. Stay tuned. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me or one of our EPT members.
Pastor Ray Liu